ULTIMUS ADAPTIVE BPM SUITE MODULES
Ultimus Reports is a comprehensive, web-based report generation module that allows the design, generation, and access of reports securely from virtually anywhere over the internet.
- Powerful reports analyze the effectiveness of processes, steps, users, departments, queues, and more
- Results displayed in tabular format or in many graphical formats including bar and pie charts
- Process and step level reports are available either out-of-the-box or through custom generation
- Clickable charts supply easy access to detailed analytics associated with a particular step or process
The following are a few examples of the type of management questions that can be addressed and answered by process reports:
- How long does it take my company to process a purchase order?
- What does it cost our company to produce a custom quotation?
- How long does it take the Engineering Department to process a change order?
- If a customer files a quality complaint, how long does our company take to respond to it?
- How many orders are currently being fulfilled?
Ultimus Reports provides powerful and flexible capabilities including:
- Preconfigured process level and step level reports and an easy to use report generation wizard.
- Rich reporting displayed in tabular, graphical, or process maps views.
- Alerts that can be configured to send e-mail notifications that trigger a call to action.
- Flexible options to save, export, print, and publish reports in order to increase the transparency of business performance. Drill-down reports are accessed by clicking on the report to access more detailed analytics associated with a particular process or step.
Ultimus Reports provide many benefits for Business Managers interested in optimizing business efficiency:
- By knowing the cost of a business process, business managers can make knowledgeable decisions about the economic benefit of the process.
- By knowing the completion time of a business process, business managers can set realistic expectations among internal and external customers affected by the process.
- By knowing the elapsed time for each step in a process, managers can find bottlenecks in the process.
- By knowing the cost of each step, managers can make decisions about how to optimize the process.
- By knowing the performance of individual users, managers can better reward, train and evaluate employees.
- By including automated steps, process metrics can be extended to other applications included in the business process.
- By including both business process and external data, the effectiveness of the process can be measured against business parameters.
- By including monitoring reports, process status can be easily captured and distributed over the Internet.