Often times I find that many people approach business process management and process automation with a closed mind. They simply fail to see the possibilities that are attainable with process automation. For example, just the other day I was speaking with a friend about work and the subject got turned to contract management. He perked up when I told him that process automation software is a valuable tool for contract management processes. As we talked more in detail, it was like it suddenly clicked. Processes; anything with a series of steps, anything that requires the transfer of information and/or work, or anything that involves multiple users or systems, is a prime candidate for improvement and automation.
Process automation software is an improvement and management solution that helps internal processes run smoother and faster. It focuses on empowering process participants and executives with tools they need to get the job done more efficiently, including things such as:
- Alerts and notifications- let you know when something upcoming is due, needs to be approved or requires your attention
- Task redirection- promoting business agility and the prevention of bottlenecks
- iBAM or Interactive Business Activity Monitoring- allows IT and business executives to create and visually monitor key performance indicators of their choice in real time
- Reports- generate reports from a web-based module that allows the design, generation, and access of reports securely from virtually anywhere over the Internet, giving executives and participants visibility into every aspect of the workflow
- Systems communication and integration- takes you from multiple applications, systems or screens to 1 easy-to-use interface that connects and shares information with various software solutions and legacy systems
More importantly, process automation is a flexible and adaptable tool that can be molded and applied to virtually any role or industry, making it one of the most valuable tools you business can use. In terms of Contract Management, process automation software enables you to:
- Prepare, review and negotiate contracts quickly and easily
- Submit forms and contracts for approval
- Track progress and report contract status in real time
- Integrate and auto-populate finance and other key systems with pertinent information and data
- Archive contracts for future reference
- Reduce errors due to manual input and eliminate duplication of efforts
At a time when there is so much change in the world, it's nice to have control and insight into your core business processes and to be able to identify ways to make them better and stronger. Don't just take my word for it. See how others have been successful with process automation.